Terms & Conditions for Membership
- ‘Membership’ or ‘Member’ includes ‘Individual’ Members, ‘Household Members’ and ‘Child Members’.
- Unless otherwise stated, membership commences on the date of purchase or issuance and is valid during the period up to and including the date of expiry.
- Memberships are non-refundable and cannot be paid on a pro-rata basis for part of a year.
- Two year membership can only be purchased at the time of joining or renewing.
5. Individual or Household Membership grants a listed member the following benefits:
- Free admission across Sydney Living Museums (SLM) museums and historic houses during normal opening hours
- Each membership includes up to four children free as attached Child Members (restricted to four per Household and Individual Membership)
- Access to exclusive member events and offers
- Discounts across talks, tours and events offered by SLM
- Priority booking for our most popular events
- Subscription to our quarterly magazine Unlocked: The Sydney Living Museums Gazette
- Two free guest passes per year
- 10% discount across SLM restaurants, cafes and retail outlets
6. To be eligible for the concession price, suitable and valid concession identification or proof of address for residents 100 kilometres or more from the Greater Sydney region, must be shown upon request at the point of sale or when using a membership card for admission or discounts.
Eligible forms of concession include:
- Centrelink issued Pensioner Concession cardholders
- Holders of Seniors cards issued by any Australian State or Territory government
- Veterans’ Affairs cardholders
- Full time secondary or tertiary student cards (e.g. NSW Senior Secondary Student Concession Card or interstate equivalent; NSW Tertiary Student Concession Card or interstate equivalent; or the International Student Identity Card)
- Centrelink issued: Health Care Card (HCC)
- Residents who live 100 kilometres or more away from the Greater Sydney region
7. Each SLM membership includes complimentary access for up to four Child Members aged 15 years and under.
8. Child Members have free entry to SLM museums and historic houses when accompanied by the adult member and access to member discounts across SLM events and programs.
9, Child Memberships are only valid while the membership to which they are attached remains valid.
10. A guest pass is not a membership and entitles the holder to one admission to a SLM property during normal opening hours prior to the expiry date. Guest passes are not valid for SLM events, programs or activities. Guest passes are not available for corporate use and are not to be on-sold in any circumstances.
- The right is reserved to cancel a membership without a refund following a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Membership cards and their benefits are non-transferable.
- A membership is solely for the recreational enjoyment at SLM museums and historic houses and cannot be used for entry for any SLM commercial activity.
- Membership benefits and discounts do not apply to SLM programs, events or other activities except where expressly stated.
- Member discounts, offers or promotions cannot to be used in conjunction with any other SLM discounts, offers or promotions.
- A member must abide at all times with any applicable SLM ticket or venue Terms and Conditions.
- Members are responsible for ensuring the details of their membership are correct at all times.
- To gain entry to a SLM property a member must present a valid membership card to the SLM admission staff or other proof of membership issued by SLM. Only the person listed on a SLM membership card may use it.
- Free entry to exhibitions does not include exhibition launches or some ticketed exhibitions.
- Reproduction of a membership card in any form is strictly prohibited. If a membership card is lost a $5 charge per card for issuing a duplicate may apply.
- SLM may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions, including membership benefits by updating this notice. Members are bound by any such revisions.
22. A person who has purchased a membership is eligible for a refund of:
a. The admission price to SLM museums and historic houses paid by that person on the same day as the Membership purchase
b. The amount of any Member discount on SLM box office or retail purchases made on the same day as the Membership purchase
23. A refund for the amount of entry paid on that day will be processed for each person buying a membership. The refund will not apply to members of the group who have not purchased membership. The refund will not be available in conjunction with any other entry offers. Receipts for box office, retail or admission purchases must be presented at the time of the membership purchase to receive a refund. There is no refund for purchases at SLM restaurants or cafes.
24. Members are eligible for a 10% discount across SLM restaurants, cafes and retail outlets. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. The hospitality member discount is available for groups of 6 people or less, where there is at least one member present. The discount will be applied to the total bill and will not apply to split transactions.
25. SLM collects and manages the personal information of Members and other persons in accordance with the privacy law. Personal information provided will only be used for SLM purposes, such as the administration of memberships, the provision of membership benefits and planning research and marketing of the membership program. Please see SLM’s Privacy Statement for further information.