Then this may be the volunteer role for you.
Sydney Living Museums is delighted to offer volunteers the chance to support our exciting new LEGO® Bricks exhibition and also lead guided tours of this unique historic property.
The Rouse Hill House & Farm in LEGO® Bricks exhibition features amazing models of the iconic Rouse Hill House and its outbuildings constructed from LEGO® bricks with breathtaking architectural detail by Australia’s LEGO®-certified professional, Ryan McNaught. Using loose LEGO® bricks provided, visitors will piece together their own Rouse Hill inspired creations, adding these to a growing LEGO® bricks display right in the heart of the exhibition.
Museum Volunteers will support visitor services staff to deliver an enjoyable and well-organised experience for visitors to the LEGO® bricks exhibition and Rouse Hill House & Farm. Duties will include welcoming visitors, encouraging engagement with the LEGO® bricks exhibition, supervising visitor activities, responding to questions and setting-up and breaking down LEGO® Bricks.
After the July school holiday period all Museum Volunteers will be trained to deliver guided tours of Rouse Hill House & Farm to general visitors. Volunteers will receive training, a manual, and ongoing support to learn the property’s stories and rich history to be able to share these with the public.
- To be a Museum Volunteer you’ll have a friendly manner, great communication skills and love working with kids. You'll be committed to providing great customer service and you'll know how to be flexible and work in a team.
- Rouse Hill Museum Volunteers are primarily needed on weekends and every day throughout the busy School Holiday periods from 30 June-16 July and 23 September-8 October 2017 and ongoing. Half and full-day shifts are available.
- This role requires a minimum commitment of both school holiday periods with the option to continue as a tour guide beyond the LEGO® exhibition.
- Volunteers must have current Working with Children clearance. If you don’t have WWC clearance please apply for a check now as it can take several weeks – it’s free for volunteers. Read the Help Sheet for how to apply.
- A level of fitness is required in order to move around this semi-rural property.
- Successful applicants will be invited for a short face-to-face interview.
All volunteers receive a free Sydney Living Museums membership which includes unlimited free entry to all our museums and properties plus a huge range of member-only benefits!
Download the full Role Description from this webpage to read more about the role. To apply complete the online Application Form below and upload your CV by 10am Monday 5 June 2017
Interviews will be held at Rouse Hill House & Farm on Friday 9 June and Wednesday 14 June – make a note so you’re available if invited for interview!
Email your enquiries to email@example.com
How to apply
Please complete the following steps:
Find out how to get there on our Visit Rouse Hill House & Farm page.
We are recruiting for Museum Volunteers at Rouse Hill House & Farm, Rose Seidler House (Wahroonga) and Elizabeth Bay House. To apply to volunteer at one museum please complete the full application form and supply your CV. To apply for an additional one or two museums please email firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance.