Meroogal Women’s Art Prize entries close
Pre-selection of the works takes place soon with the announcement of finalists on Friday 24 August.
Judges for this years’ prize are:
- Bronwyn Coulston, Unit Manager – Arts & Culture, Shoalhaven City Council
- Deborah Ely, CEO, Bundanon Trust
- Lisa Havilah, Director, Carriageworks
- Dr Caroline Butler-Bowdon, Director, Strategy & Engagement, Sydney Living Museums
The Meroogal Women’s Art Prize celebrates the achievements and creativity of female artists, and pays tribute to the lives of four generations of women who made Meroogal their home. We are looking for works that will explore the personal stories of the people who lived there or reflect the rich collection of treasures within the house and garden
Curator Joanna Nicholas
The winners will be announced at Meroogal on Saturday 22 September at and the exhibition will run until 30 March 2019.
- 1st Prize: $7000, SLM Membership, and a Bundanon Trust artist-in-residence scholarship*
- 2nd Prize: $3000 and SLM Membership
- Highly Commended Award: SLM Membership and solo exhibition opportunity at Shoalhaven Regional Gallery, Nowra**
- People’s Choice Award: $500 and SLM Membership. This will be announced during the International Women’s Day awards ceremony held on Saturday 9 March 2019.
NIDA students in costume at the Barracks & The MintTuesday 14 August 2018
NIDA costume design students were seen modelling the costumes that they designed at Hyde Park Barracks Museum and The Mint.
Museum of Sydney
Thank you to our Governors Kitchen patrons for their supportSaturday 4 August 2018
The Governors Kitchen cafe will be closed for ongoing renovations from Friday 3 August. Throughout August, visitors can enjoy coffee, cold beverages and light refreshments from the coffee cart located on the museum forecourt.