Meroogal Women’s Art Prize entries close
Pre-selection of the works takes place soon with the announcement of finalists on Friday 24 August.
Judges for this years’ prize are:
- Bronwyn Coulston, Unit Manager – Arts & Culture, Shoalhaven City Council
- Deborah Ely, CEO, Bundanon Trust
- Lisa Havilah, Director, Carriageworks
- Dr Caroline Butler-Bowdon, Director, Strategy & Engagement, Sydney Living Museums
The Meroogal Women’s Art Prize celebrates the achievements and creativity of female artists, and pays tribute to the lives of four generations of women who made Meroogal their home. We are looking for works that will explore the personal stories of the people who lived there or reflect the rich collection of treasures within the house and garden
Curator Joanna Nicholas
The winners will be announced at Meroogal on Saturday 22 September at and the exhibition will run until 30 March 2019.
- 1st Prize: $7000, SLM Membership, and a Bundanon Trust artist-in-residence scholarship*
- 2nd Prize: $3000 and SLM Membership
- Highly Commended Award: SLM Membership and solo exhibition opportunity at Shoalhaven Regional Gallery, Nowra**
- People’s Choice Award: $500 and SLM Membership. This will be announced during the International Women’s Day awards ceremony held on Saturday 9 March 2019.
Meroogal Women's Art Prize 2020 entries now openTuesday 7 April 2020
Sydney Living Museums is excited to announce that entries are now open for the 2020 Meroogal Women’s Art Prize, with a prize pool of over $10,000. This year, SLM is waiving the artist entry fee to make the prize as accessible as possible at a time when support and kindness are most needed.