- Travel subsidy
Transport Subsidy for NSW Government Schools
For any school who is granted this subsidy, Sydney Living Museums will subsidise the school’s transportation costs up to a maximum of $20 per student for each student who attends the excursion.
1. The transport subsidy is available for new enquiries and bookings from 1 February 2019 onwards. The transport subsidy cannot be applied retroactively to existing bookings.
2. Eligible schools include all NSW Government primary and secondary schools receiving Resource Allocation Model funding with a Family Occupation and Education Index (FOEI) of more than 100.
- Choose your excursion from our website. Then make a booking inquiry via our online booking forms (located on each program webpage) or email our Bookings team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Identify you school’s intention to claim the transport subsidy at the time of booking.
- Once your booking is received, our Bookings team will confirm the eligibility of the school according to 2018 needs based funding FOEI data and will contact the school to finalise the booking.
- Make full payment for your students’ transport costs with your transport provider.
- Attend the excursion.
- Following the excursion, email our Bookings team at email@example.com with an invoice for your transport costs (up to $20 per student) to claim the subsidy, and provide documentation of the transport cost eg. receipt from your transport provider. Our Bookings team will verify the number of students who attended the excursion and check the school’s invoice against these numbers. Please note that the subsidy can only be paid for the number of students that attended the excursion.
Terms & Conditions
This subsidy is subject to availability of transport subsidy funds from Sydney Living Museums and may be discontinued. Schools will be advised of any changes to this subsidy program before their booking is confirmed.
As a leading provider of Stages 1-6 curriculum-linked excursions, our programs are designed to create unforgettable educational experiences across our museums, historic houses and gardens. View a full list of programs on our Education webpage.
If you would like further information about the transport subsidy or would like to discuss excursion options, please contact our Bookings team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 02 8239 2211.