Museum Volunteer opportunity: Rose Seidler House
Then this may be the volunteer role for you.
At Sydney Living Museums we're passionate about bringing our museums to life. We’re looking for Museum Volunteers to join our team at Rose Seidler House and play a role in providing memorable experiences for our visitors.
Rose Seidler House is one of the finest examples of mid 20th-century modern domestic architecture in Australia, and when completed in 1950 its radical concept overturned almost every convention of suburban home design. Today its furniture and fittings form one of the most complete and intact post World War II design collections in public ownership.
Museum Volunteers at Rose Seidler House engage visitors by sharing the rich stories of the property through informal conversations and guided tours. Museum Volunteers are ambassadors for Sydney Living Museums, letting visitors know how they can get the most out of their visit.
- To be a Museum Volunteer at Rose Seidler House you need to have a passion for modernism. You’ll also need to have a friendly manner, great communication skills and enjoy interacting with people from a range of backgrounds and age groups. You'll be committed to providing great customer service and you'll know how to be flexible and work in a team.
- Museum Volunteers at Rose Seidler House must fulfil a minimum monthly shift.
- We are looking for 1 volunteer at Rose Seidler House on a regular Sunday shift every four weeks from approx. 11am- 2pm
- The ‘flexible’ shift pattern is not currently offered at Rose Seidler House .
- Travel to Rose Seidler House by car is recommended as public transport is limited. There is plenty of free parking on site.
- Volunteers must have current Working with Children clearance. It’s free for volunteers - read the Help Sheet for how to apply.
- Successful applicants will be invited for a short face-to-face interview.
All volunteers receive a free Sydney Living Museums membership which includes unlimited free entry to all our museums and properties plus a huge range of member-only benefits!
Download the full Role Description from this webpage to read more about the role. To apply complete the online Application Form below and upload your CV by 10am Monday 29 July 2019.
Interviews will be held on Monday 5 and Wednesday 7 August at a city location.
How to apply
Please complete the following steps:
We are currently recruiting for Museum Volunteers at Elizabeth Bay House (Elizabeth Bay), Elizabeth Farm (Rosehill), Justice & Police Museum (Sydney CBD), Museum of Sydney (Sydney CBD), Rose Seidler House (Wahroonga), Rouse Hill House & Farm (Rouse Hill), Susannah Place Museum (The Rocks, Sydney) and Vaucluse House, (Vaucluse).
To apply for multiple properties please complete a single online application. Be sure to outline your suitability for each property you are interested in.
Email any enquiries to email@example.com
More about volunteering
Our volunteers are the heart, soul and backbone of Sydney Living Museums – without their support, enthusiasm and energy, we couldn't do the work we do.
We offer a diverse mix of opportunities and roles for volunteers, which draw on a diverse range of skills and qualities.