Each course provides:
- strategies and techniques developed from a relevant selection of skills and concepts from the new K–10 History syllabus
- learning activities and outcomes framed and underpinned by a historical inquiry approach
- valuable approaches that encourage students to practise working as historians rather than simply learning about historical content
- an engaging mix of theory and hands-on practice
- take-home resources for classroom implementation.
Teacher preview event: Hyde Park Barracks
Completing each course in the Sydney Living Museums Teaching History in the primary classroom program will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD, addressing 2.1.2, 3.4.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.