Free weekend for teachers
At your leisure, experience one of our historic houses or museums where school programs are offered. Our friendly staff will be on hand to talk you through the excursion options available at each property.
You can choose to visit one of the following Sydney Living Museums properties during this special weekend:
- Elizabeth Farm
- Justice & Police Museum
- Meroogal, Nowra
- Museum of Sydney
- Rouse Hill House & Farm
- Vaucluse House
After your visit, we hope you will consider Sydney Living Museums for future school excursions.
Please note that the following properties offer excursions, but are not included in this offer:
- Hyde Park Barracks Museum (currently undergoing a major renewal and reopening in early 2020)
- Susannah Place Museum (due to limited capacity).
Special ticket terms & conditions:
- Online registration is essential to book your free family ticket. Limit of one family ticket per teacher across the weekend.
- By registering for the free family ticket, you agree to be added to our Teacher eNews database (you can unsubscribe at any time).
- A family ticket allows entry for two adults & two children or one adult & three children at one of the above listed Sydney Living Museums properties on either Saturday 5 or Sunday 6 October 2019. You will need to choose which museum you would like to visit at the time of booking.
- To gain entry to your chosen museum, you will need to show your ticket (printed or on your phone) and your teacher identification eg School ID.
Excursions with Sydney Living Museums
Immerse your students in the past with an excursion to Sydney Living Museums where our programs bring stories of historic places, people and events to life.
Early Stage 1 to Stage 6 students can get hands-on with History, Creative Arts, Science and Technology at our museums, historic houses and gardens. All programs align with NSW syllabus outcomes across a range of learning areas, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Cultures Cross-Curriculum Priorities.
We also offer virtual excursions, teacher professional development courses and rich curriculum-linked online resources. Visit our Education webpages to find out more.