- School holidays
In Playing Shop, children become shopkeepers and get behind the counter of Susannah Place’s re-created c1915 corner shop.
- Using an old-fashioned shop scale
- Packaging up goods, including making a paper cone for the lollies you will be taking home
- Filling an order and making a ‘delivery’
- Writing up orders on a slate board
- Creating your own dolly peg shopkeeper
Suitable for ages 5+
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
In the program some parts of the houses will be visited, however full guided tours of the museum are available at 2pm, 3pm & 4pm at an additional cost on the day.
Member child $15