Toy Festival 2016
Playfulness and merriment abounds as Toy Festival returns for another year.
Pack a picnic and bring the family along to Rouse Hill House & Farm for a weekend of fun for all ages!
Chat to our incredible toy collectors from clubs such as the Meccano Modellers Association, Doll Collectors Club of NSW and the Australian Pedal Car Club, meet restorers working on rocking horses and browse our family friendly markets packed full of beautiful and unusual gifts.
Join the toy soldier and ballerina in an interactive live show, jump on a mini train, meet our roving stilt performers, Madame Absynthe and Mr Farthing, and try your hand at kite flying.
Enjoy hands-on toy workshops, meet Red Cross volunteers knitting trauma teddies in the Summer House and enjoy live music from The Lollipops Brass Trio.
Have a sneak peek inside the fascinating Rouse Hill House as part of your visit and find out about the family and children who lived there.
Wander around the gardens, visit our 1880s school house and meet our farmer while he is feeding the cows.
- Free shuttle bus from Riverstone Station, operated by Sydney Bus Museum. Every half an hour from 9.55am.
- Limited free parking is available in one of our paddocks with entry located off Guntawong Road.
- Entry to the event is by gold coin per person. Train rides will be $4 pp, with all proceeds going to the local North Western Model Engineers Inc.
- As it is a rural site with old farm buildings, dams and insects, children must be supervised at all times. We also recommend wearing long pants, comfortable closed-in shoes and a warm coat. Gumboots are also a good option if it is wet.
- There will be a limited number of food items available for purchase on site including a sausage sizzle with the 1st Riverstone Scouts.
- Visitors with low mobility can take a ride in the people mover from the carpark to the top of the site; and there is wheel chair access to the house. Please note, that the dirt paths surrounding the house are fairly uneven.
- There will be a Trailer Cash ATM on site (it attracts an ATM withdrawal fee)
- Please note that no pets (with the exception of special service dogs (i.e. guide dogs) are allowed on site at Rouse Hill House and Farm.