On the Move
Along the way you’ll discover fascinating facts about different modes of transport and types of vehicles. Construct a paper plane and see how it flies, and build a vehicle of the future to test on our track.
Discover how transportation works in busy cities, and how the fuel choices you make can have a positive impact on the environment. You’ll learn amazing facts about Australian journeys and inventions, and meet the people behind them.
See how vehicles have evolved over time – and imagine what they might be like in the future!
On the Move is an interactive exhibition curated by Sydney Living Museums' Mel Flyte.
Perfect for children aged 3 to 8 years.
For your safety
To ensure a safe environment for our visitors, we've introduced the following measures:
- Visitors are required to pre-book into a one hour timed session to help manage visitor capacity
- Children will be given an individual kit of materials to use in the exhibition when they arrive at the museum
- Hand sanitiser will be available upon entry and throughout the exhibition
- The exhibition will be cleaned thoroughly between each session
- LEGO® and other re-useable pieces will be refreshed for each session to ensure hygiene standards are maintained
Please read our important COVID-19 conditions of entry before booking your tickets.
James Gulliver Hancock’s obsession with drawing has led him around the world to capture buildings in New York, London, and closer to home in Sydney and Melbourne. With a pencil always in hand, he reimagines cities, their buildings and people through his offbeat lens.
Mel Flyte is a curator at Sydney Living Museums. On the Move is the first exhibition Mel has curated.
To manage capacity within the exhibition, visitors are required to pre-book timed session tickets.
Session start times: 10am, 11.30am, 1pm, 2.30pm (each session lasts for 60 minutes)
We recommend you arrive before or close to your session start time, so you can enjoy the full 60 minutes.
To book your timed session:
- Book general museum tickets to Museum of Sydney for the date you plan to visit
- You will then be directed to register for your On the Move session time
Museum of Sydney