The stamp office

The Stamp Office, the government department responsible for printing postage stamps for New South Wales, occupied a building on the northern perimeter of Hyde Park Barracks from 1856 to 1857.

Its occupation, although brief, was at a significant time in the history of the postal service - a vital form of communication for the colony delivering news in the form of letters and newspapers.

1 January 2006 - 26 May 2006
25°  Breezy