Thank you for a great experience. We thought it was about as close as you could come to the real thing. The variation of activities and mediums throughout the meeting kept the kids engaged the whole time. Zoe was also fantastic in how she communicated information and the way that she continually involved the kids.
Teacher - Pymble Public School
Sessions for home-schooled students
Special sessions are reserved for home-schooled students in 2021:
Cost: $10 per student per session.
Minimum of six students required for each session.
Thursday 9 September 2021
- 9:30am – First Contacts (Stage 2)
- 10:30 am - A New Home: Female Migrants (Stage 3)
- 11:30 am Solve it Using Sources (Stage 3 and 4)
- 1pm – Cooking up the Past (Stage 1)
- 2pm – Convict Work (Stage 2)
Tuesday 30 November 2021
- 9:30 AM - A New Home: Female Migrants (Stage 3)
- 10:30 AM - Solve it Using Sources (Stage 3 and 4)
- 11:30am – Cooking up the Past (Stage 1)
- 1pm – Convict Work (Stage 2)
- 2pm – First Contacts (Stage 2)
Did you miss these past Live Events? Watch them again!
Make your own Convict Love Token On Demand Lesson
Watch this video to learn about some of the convicts at the Hyde Parks Barracks and more particularly some of the convict love tokens in the Sydney Living Museums collection. Hear from a curator, Mel Flyte, about some of their stories then the Learning Team will explain a creative arts activity where you can make a convict love token for yourself.
Go back to the past at Vaucluse House
Originally a live-streamed event, you still have the opportunity to take your Stage 1 class on a virtual journey back to the past at Vaucluse House to learn about the daily lives of the Wentworth family and their many servants, and discover how household technologies have changed over time.