Sydney Open 2022: Expressions of interest now open for buildings
Sydney Open, presented by Sydney Living Museums (SLM) on 5-6 November 2022, unlocks the doors of the city’s most important and architecturally inspiring buildings and spaces, many of which are usually off limits to the public.
The highly curated Sydney Open program features the most intriguing buildings and sites Sydney has to offer, including leaders in architecture, design innovation, sustainability and heritage. Since 1997, Sydney Open has welcomed over 89,000 visitors, both locals and tourists, to explore more than 550 buildings.
Why get involved?
Being part of the Sydney Open program will:
- Deepen your engagement with building tenants and the public
- Highlight the architectural significance and unique strengths of your building
- Profile your organisation and celebrate its important contribution to Sydney’s cultural engagement
- Allow you to reach new audiences through the Sydney Open marketing campaign. Our last onsite program, in 2019, saw 400,000 website views and 1.6 million engagements across social media.
How to get involved
The Sydney Open program covers one weekend in November. Get involved by submitting an expression-of-interest form for one of the below program days.
Focus Tours, Saturday 5 November
Focus Tours are small group tours led by expert guides for a personalised, behind-the-scenes experience. Participants discover secret spaces, explore historic harbourside sites and peek inside some of Sydney’s most architecturally interesting private residences.
Visitors purchase tickets individually for each tour, and the average visitor attends 2–3 Focus Tours. We recommend building partners coordinate multiple sessions throughout the day to get the most out of the program!
City Pass, Sunday 6 November
The City Pass unlocks a smorgasbord of buildings and spaces for visitors to explore at their own pace. Popular with photographers, many of the buildings offer access to vantage points not usually available to the public. The City Pass is enhanced by the addition of drop-in programs for visitors, including talks, tours, performances and workshops. This creates a richer experience for audiences visiting your building.
Potential building precincts are created out of participating buildings and/or sites, for visitors to explore on foot . The City Pass program runs from 9am to 4pm, offering ticketholders the opportunity for a ‘choose your own adventure’ approach to exploring usually private buildings.
How we will support you
- Event coordination
- Marketing communication
- Event insurances
- Volunteer support on the day
What we are looking for:
- Places of cultural or heritage significance, or rarely seen treasures of your building
- Buildings of architectural significance and/or innovation
- Unique spaces not known to the public or offering limited access to the public, such as underground tunnels
- We strongly encourage expressions of interest from building owners in Parramatta, North Parramatta and Western Sydney for Saturday Focus Tours.
We would love you to be part of Sydney Open 2022 and invite you to submit an expression of interest.
- Focus Tour program on Saturday 5 November - Expression of Interest
- City Pass program on Sunday 6 November - Expression of Interest
Expressions of interest close on 11 July 2022
If you have any questions or you’re not sure whether your building is what we are looking for, please get in touch with us at email@example.com