‘SYDNEY OPEN 2018 Golden Ticket’ PROMOTION: Terms & Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to New South Wales residents. The Promoter reserves the right to impose additional eligibility requirements as outlined in Item 1. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. To enter, individuals must, during the promotional period, follow the directions indicated in Item 2.
4. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
5. Number of entries permitted is indicated in Item 3.
6. Promotion commences on the date indicated in Item 4. Entries close on the date and time indicated in Item 5. All times will be based on Sydney local time. The draw will take place at the Promoter’s office, ‘The Mint’, 10 Macquarie Street, Sydney, NSW 2000 on the date and time indicated in Item 6. Winners will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. The prize or prizes to be awarded are indicated in Item 7. If more than one (1) prize is to be awarded, the prizes will be awarded in descending order of value.
8. The Sydney Open 2018 Golden Ticket prizes are subject to the event venue and ticket terms and conditions, including any applicable age, fitness, health and safety restrictions. The winners of the prizes will be required to accept these specific event venue and ticket terms and conditions upon accepting the prize. The Promoter and event organisers hereby expressly reserve the right to eject any winner (and/or any companion) for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the prize. The winner (and any companion) will be responsible for their own transport to and from the event venue and any costs associated.
9. If the winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the winner must provide the Promoter with written consent from their parent or guardian to be awarded the prize.
10. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
11. Total prize pool is the value indicated in Item 8. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
12. The Promoter will conduct an unclaimed prize draw (if required) at the same place as the original draw on the date and time indicated in Item 9 to award the prize. This date will be no sooner than three (3) months after the original draw, except in the case of an event prize, in which case, the draw may be earlier. Winners, if any, will be notified by email within two (2) business days of the draw.
13. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
14. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
15. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
16. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
17. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia ('Non-Excludable Guarantees'). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion
18. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
19. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
20. The Promoter is Sydney Living Museums, the Trustee for Historic Houses of NSW (ABN 33 412 983 678) of ‘The Mint’, 10 Macquarie Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. Telephone: 02 8239 2288.
21. NSW Permit No. LTPM/18/03290
Item 1 Entry is only open to Australian residents aged 18 years or over.
Item 2 To enter, individuals must, during the promotional period, purchase a Sydney Open Pass and provide their full name, valid email address and telephone number.
Item 3 Multiple entries permitted, subject to each entry being submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements.
Item 4 Promotion commences on Tuesday 25 September 2018 from 10am.
Item 5 Entries close on Sunday 14 October 2018 at 11.59pm.
Item 6 The draw will take place on Monday 15 October 2018 at 1pm.
Item 7 Prize or Prizes to be awarded include: A total of 190 Golden Tickets, comprising 95 double passes for the Tank Stream tours
Item 8 Value of total prize pool is: $6650.
Item 9 The Unclaimed Prize Draw will take place on 22 October 2018 at 10am.