Sydney Living Museums offers a series of four professional development days for primary teachers that explore practical ways to teach skills and concepts that build historical inquiry into lessons for primary students.
Delivered by expert museum educators and curators, each course provides five hours of BOSTES QTC Registered PD and explores practical strategies and approaches to teaching History in the museum that you can take back to your own classroom.
Each course provides:
- strategies and techniques developed from a relevant selection of skills and concepts from the new K–10 History syllabus
- learning activities and outcomes framed and underpinned by a historical inquiry approach
- valuable approaches that encourage students to practise working as historians rather than simply learning about historical content
- an engaging mix of theory and hands-on practice
- take-home resources for classroom implementation.
Completing each course in the Sydney Living Museums Teaching History in the primary classroom program will contribute 5 hours of QTC Registered PD, addressing 2.1.2, 3.4.2 and 6.2.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers towards maintaining Proficient Teacher Accreditation in NSW.