Terms & Conditions for Membership
- ‘Membership’ or ‘member’ includes current membership levels of ‘Member’ and ‘Member + One’ as well as previous levels of ‘Individual’ and ‘Household’.
- Unless otherwise stated, membership commences on the date of purchase or issuance and is valid during the period up to and including the date of expiry.
- Memberships are non-refundable and cannot be paid on a pro-rata basis for part of a year.
- Membership grants a listed member the following benefits:
- Free entry to Sydney Living Museums (SLM) museums and historic houses during normal opening hours
- Free exhibition entry during normal opening hours
- Each membership includes free entry to museums and exhibitions for up to four children
- Access to exclusive member events and offers
- Discounted tickets for talks, tours, workshops and events offered by SLM
- Priority booking for our most popular events
- Subscription to the quarterly magazine Unlocked
- 10% discount across SLM restaurants, cafes and retail outlets
- The Member + One holder has the extra benefit of extending membership benefits to an additional adult for each visit or booking.
Children and membership
- Each SLM membership includes free entry to museums, historic houses and exhibitions for up to four children aged 15 years and under when accompanied by the adult member. This also includes access to member discounts for SLM events and programs.
- SLM reserves the right to cancel a membership without a refund following a breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Membership cards and their benefits are non-transferable.
- A membership is solely for the recreational enjoyment of SLM museums and historic houses and cannot be used for entry to any SLM commercial activity.
- Membership benefits and discounts only apply to SLM programs, events or other activities where expressly stated.
- Member discounts, offers or promotions cannot be used in conjunction with any other SLM discounts, offers or promotions.
- A member must at all times abide by any applicable SLM ticket or venue Terms and Conditions.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their contact details associated wtih their membership are correct at all times.
- To gain entry to an SLM property, a member must present SLM admission staff with a valid membership card or other proof of membership issued by SLM.
- Free entry to exhibitions does not include exhibition launches or some ticketed exhibitions.
- Reproduction of a membership card in any form is strictly prohibited.
- SLM may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions, including membership benefits, by updating this notice. Members are bound by any such revisions.
Discounts and refunds
- A person who has purchased a membership is eligible for a refund of:
- The admission price to SLM museums and historic houses paid by that person on the same day as the membership purchase
- The amount of any member discount on SLM Bookings or retail purchases made on the same day as the membership purchase
- A refund for the admission price paid on that day will be processed for each person buying a membership and up to four children (15 years and younger). The refund will not apply to members of the group who have not purchased membership. The refund will not be available in conjunction with any other entry offers. Receipts for tickets, retail or admission purchases must be presented at the time of the membership purchase to receive a refund. There is no refund for purchases at SLM restaurants or cafes.
- Members are eligible for a 10% discount across SLM restaurants, cafes and retail outlets. The discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. The hospitality member discount is available for groups of 6 people or fewer, that include at least one member. The discount will be applied to the total bill and will not apply to split transactions.
By signing up to Auto Renewal you give permission for your credit card details to be stored in a secure database where your credit card will be charged annually as a recurring payment. The first payment will be taken on the day of purchase, and then annually for the next year of membership at the then-current rate. You will be notified via email prior to any credit card transaction.
If you wish to cancel your Auto Renewal membership at any time, please do so at the earliest opportunity, and preferably at least 10 working days before your payment is due. You can do so by contacting the Membership Office. Subject to any rights to cancel, membership fees are non-refundable once payment has been received, and membership benefits are not transferable.
Sydney Living Museums is not responsible for any loss or damage you may suffer from incorrect or incomplete account details that you have provided to us. Auto Renewal is not available as a payment method when purchasing a Gift Membership.
Privacy and Personal Information
- SLM collects and manages the personal information of members and other persons in accordance with the privacy law. Personal information provided will only be used for SLM purposes, such as the administration of memberships, the provision of membership benefits and planning research and marketing of the membership program. Please see SLM’s Privacy Statement for further information.
- When you purchase a membership, book a ticket or donate to SLM through any SLM channel, or give information to SLM for any other purpose, the personal information you provide will be entered into a database. The database is a customer relationship management system which is shared by SLM and other Australian arts organisations (the current organisations are Sydney Opera House, the Australian Chamber Orchestra, Bell Shakespeare Company, Opera Australia and Pinchgut Opera) who use a common customer relationship system known as Tessitura for the purposes of ticketing, marketing, fundraising and customer relationship management. The Organisations are able to view your name and contact details (e.g. address, email and phone numbers) when those details are given to SLM and entered on the database (“Contact Information”). This is so that SLM can process your current and future transactions as effectively as possible without asking you to provide the same information repeatedly, and also helps to ensure the speed and efficiency of any of your dealings with the Organisations.