Welcome to Sydney Living Museums, a group of 12 museums, houses and gardens that will take you on a remarkable journey through time and place to experience a whole other life.
What's onSee all events
Tuesday 01 December 2015 - Thursday 31 December 2015
- Sydney Harbour IconsWith Lego® Bricks
- Breakers – the dying art of safebreaking
- Notorious Criminals: A Snapshot of Sinister Sydney
- City of ShadowsInner city crime & mayhem 1912-1948
- Convict Sydney
- Built for the Bushthe green architecture of rural Australia
Every November, jacarandas rain a shower of purple on Sydney’s streets. This gorgeous flowering tree has such a firm hold on the city and its imagination that few of us could imagine it any other way. But the Brazilian native was once considered as rare as it was beautiful.
Many visitors returning to Vaucluse House ask us about displays at the house remembered from years past; most often, the three coaches that were once in the stables, a story going back about 100 years.
Over the next 12 months Sydney Living Museums will refurbish the Vaucluse House drawing room and is seeking public donations to support this important conservation work.