Discover Sydney on Australia Day: half-price entry
Commemorate the story of Australia and celebrate our diversity, achievements and future with half-price entry to our museums and historic houses.
|Children under 5||FREE|
Uncover Sydney’s history in the CBD:
- Hyde Park Barracks Museum – learn about convict Sydney at the site central to the world’s largest and longest-running system of convict transportation;
- Justice & Police Museum – explore what was once the city’s busiest legal hub and uncover the salacious stories of Sydney’s past;
- Museum of Sydney – witness Sydney’s ever-changing skyline at Demolished Sydney, celebrate our world-famous beaches at Sand in the City and view the remains of first Government House;
- Susannah Place Museum – discover the ordinary lives that left an extraordinary legacy on modern Sydney’s oldest neighbourhood, The Rocks (by booked tour only);
Pack a picnic and explore our beautiful historic houses:
- Rouse Hill House & Farm – explore a house and farm owned by six generations of one family and say hello to the newborn calves;
- Vaucluse House – journey through one of Sydney’s few 19th-century mansions still surrounded by its original gardens and wooded grounds;
- Elizabeth Farm (Rosehill) – view an early colonial bungalow, work as a convict servant and do some hand washing, just as they did in the 1800s;
- Meroogal (Nowra) – discover the story of the ‘Roogal’ women and wander through a house handed down through four generations of women from one local family.
Please note: Rose Seidler House, Elizabeth Bay House, The Mint and Caroline Simpson Library & Research Collection will be closed on Australia Day.