SLM wins multiple National Trust Awards
The awards were for:
- Category: Education and Interpretation - Irish Orphan Trunk Project - Highly Commended
- Category: Conservation Built Heritage - Vaucluse House Battlements and Turrets - Winner
- Category: Events & Exhibitions - Demolished Sydney exhibition and talk series - Highly Commended
- Category: Events & Exhibitions - Florilegium: Sydney’s painted garden - Winner
- Category: Continuing Tradition - Vaucluse House Drawing Room - Reviving the past - Winner
Michael Rose (Chairman - Sydney Living Musems Board) was present at the awards and said he was very pleased to see the work of the organisation acknowledged.
"It’s been a very busy year for Sydney Living Museums with a number of big projects delivered across our interpretation, conservation and heritage areas. These awards are a testament to the hard work of our teams and I feel very proud of our staff and the wins today" he said. "We are also very grateful to our Foundation and generous donors who have made projects like the Vaucluse House Drawing Room possible."
Annual Appeal 2017Thursday 25 May 2017
We are delighted to announce our Annual Appeal 2017. SLM undertakes important conservation, management and restoration work across the portfolio of 12 properties. Gifts through the Annual Appeal will help us to undertaken projects we cannot otherwise afford to do.