International Women’s Day Awards Shoalhaven 2019
The International Women's Day awards give appreciation and recognition to women for their work and creativity throughout the Shoalhaven community.
Nominations close on 7 February 2019.
Please direct enquiries to:
Post: Meroogal, Corner West and Worrigee streets, Nowra, NSW 2541
Phone: (02) 4421 8150
Nominations are inclusive of all women of all ages in the categories of:
- Contribution to Arts & Culture
- Contribution to Community Sporting Groups
- Contribution to the Conservation of the Environment and Heritage
- Contribution to Multicultural Communities
- Contribution to Community & Social Services
- Contribution to Health & Wellbeing
- Contribution to Business and Economic Development
- Contribution from a Young Woman aged 15-24
- Contribution from a TAFE student
It is an opportunity to publicly acknowledge and thank individuals for their passion, commitment and enthusiasm that contributes to the Shoalhaven community.
The Shoalhaven International Womens Day committee have been busy organising a host of annual International Womens Day celebrations that are sure to capture the interest of women of all ages across the Shoalhaven. Each year the awards are funded and presented by Sydney Living Museums through their regional house museum, Meroogal.
Award winners will be notified early March and we hope all award winners and their supporters will attend the day.
The ceremony will be held on Saturday 9 March 2019 from 1pm to 3pm at Meroogal under the century-old jacarandah, in the beautiful front garden.
Thousands of students learn to warurabanga (make string)Wednesday 14 August 2019
On Thursday 8 August, almost 3,000 teachers and students across NSW took part in a live virtual excursion, direct from Museum of Sydney, the site of first Government House - a unique place from which to explore Australian history from multiple perspectives.