- Education Program
Scheduled sessions are listed on the following websites:
DART bookings - your booking will be processed on this site
Electroboard Education - this website shows a schedule of available sessions. Once you have registered for a session please notify the Inquiries contact listed below
- Prior to booking an SLM virtual excursion, the non NSW DEC school must call DART Connections on 1800 824 737 and complete a connectivity test
- DART Connections cannot offer support to non NSW DEC schools outside of the connectivity test. While the SLM virtual excursion is live, independent schools must rely on their own in-house technical staff and are not able to access technical support via DART Connections
- Call SLM to have the preferred session made available on the Dart Connections website
- When the booking information has been received by SLM a confirmation email will be sent including the virtual meeting room (VMR) number they will need to dial to attend the event
- To ensure maximum interactivity class size must not exceed 30 students without the prior agreement of SLM
- Cost is $120 per class per session. This includes downloadable support material for the teacher and students. Schools with small class sizes may be eligible for reduced rates - please contact us for details.
- There is a limit of one (1) school per session for Law of the Land
- There is a limit of two (2) schools per session for A Convict Story
- Sessions will generally last for one hour including time for students to ask questions.
- Pre-event material will be sent to the teacher via email and teachers are asked to ensure that the students are well prepared for the lesson as outlined.
- The sessions, artworks, film and sound clips are protected by copyright and may not be recorded, reproduced or used in any way without the express written consent of Sydney Living Museums.
SLM requires at least eight (8) working days notice prior to the session for cancellations. Cancellations received less than eight (8) working days prior to the session and 'no shows' will incur a charge of the full program price. To cancel your booking please email email@example.com
- Payment detail: include the virtual excursion program name, school name, date and time of your session.
- SLM - HHT account: Historic Houses Trust of NSW, BSB: 032 249, Account Number: 101 997.
- Cheque payable to: The Historic Houses Trust of NSW: The Mint, 10 Macquarie St., Sydney, NSW 2000.
- Credit Card Authorisation Form [Download PDF]
The Programs Team
The Mint,10 Macquarie Street, Sydney 2000
T 02 8239 2288
F 02 8239 2299
Law of the Land: Troopers, Trackers and Bushrangers
In this virtual excursion your students will go back in time to the 1880s to share an hour in the life of a Mounted Trooper (played by a costumed interpreter) as he talks about the difficulties the police face in overcoming the threat of bushrangers in NSW.
A Convict Story
Sydney Living Museums (SLM) is pleased to offer this engaging virtual excursion on convicts. This educational history virtual excursion is available to Primary schools across Australia and around the world and allows your students to interact live with our convict presenter.