- Education Program
Can't bring your class to Sydney Living Museums for an excursion?
We can come to you through virtual excursions with programs that have all the hallmakrs of our on-site visits: curriculum-linked, educator-led, immersive and highly engaging. A Convict Story and Law of the Land bring the richness of our museum programs straight to your classroom. These programs are offered throughout the year so you can integrate them into your classroom program.
Through our virtual excursions we also present special live events that engage your students with our properties in unique ways or allow them to interact with curators and special guests.
Sydney Living Museums uses DART Connections to process our virtual excursions.
The available programs and dates for Term 1 2018 are:
A Convict Story
Tuesday 6 March - 9.30am
Tuesday 6 March - 11.30am
Tuesday 6 March - 1.30pm
Thursday 22 March - 9.30am
Thursday 22 March - 11.30am
Thursday 22 March - 1.30pm
Thursday 5 April - 9.30am
Thursday 5 April - 11.30am
Thursday 5 April - 1.30pm
Please note the above links take you directly to the DART Connections website to make a booking. For further information about the programs please see below.
Once we receive your booking information via DART Connections a confirmation email will be sent that includes connectivity and payment details.
The above dates are guaranteed based on our current staff availability, but may be subject to change. If there is a date and time that may suit you better please contact us via one of the inquiry methods below and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- For maximum interactivity, the recommended class size is approximately 30 students
- Cost is $120 per class per session. This includes downloadable support material for the teacher and students. Schools with small class sizes may be eligible for reduced rates - please contact us for details. Your school will be invoiced at the conclusion of the session.
- There is a limit of one (1) school per session for Law of the Land
- There is a limit of two (2) schools per session for A Convict Story
- Sessions will generally last for one hour including time for students to ask questions.
- Pre-event material will be sent to the teacher via email and teachers are asked to ensure that the students are well prepared for the lesson as outlined.
- The sessions, artworks, film and sound clips are protected by copyright and may not be recorded, reproduced or used in any way without the express written consent of Sydney Living Museums.
- SLM requires at least eight (8) working days notice prior to the session for cancellations. Cancellations received less than eight (8) working days prior to the session and 'no shows' will incur a charge of the full program price. To cancel your booking please email email@example.com
Additional information for non NSW DEC schools:
- Prior to booking an SLM virtual excursion, the non NSW DEC school must call DART Connections on 1800 824 737 and complete a connectivity test.
DART Connections cannot offer support to non NSW DEC schools outside of the connectivity test. While the SLM virtual excursion is live, non NSW DEC schools must rely on their own in-house technical staff and are not able to access technical support via DART Connections.
The Learning Team
T: 02 8239 2288
Law of the Land: Troopers, Trackers and Bushrangers
In this virtual excursion your students will go back in time to the 1880s to share an hour in the life of a Mounted Trooper (played by a costumed interpreter) as he talks about the difficulties the police face in overcoming the threat of bushrangers in NSW.
A Convict Story
Sydney Living Museums (SLM) is pleased to offer this engaging virtual excursion on convicts. This educational history virtual excursion is available to Primary schools across Australia and around the world and allows your students to interact live with our convict presenter.