Our virtual excursions bring the richness of our on-site museum programs straight to your classroom. Each program is: curriculum-linked, educator-led, immersive and highly engaging.
Sydney Living Museums uses DART Connections to process our virtual excursions.
Once we receive your booking information via DART Connections a confirmation email will be sent that includes connectivity and payment details.
The above dates are guaranteed based on our current staff availability, but may be subject to change. If there is a date and time that may suit you better please contact us via one of the inquiry methods below and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- For maximum interactivity, the recommended class size is approximately 30 students
- Cost is $120 per class per session. This includes downloadable support material for the teacher and students. Schools with small class sizes may be eligible for reduced rates - please contact us for details. Your school will be invoiced at the conclusion of the session.
- There is a limit of one (1) school per session for Law of the Land
- There is a limit of two (2) schools per session for A Convict Story
- Sessions will generally last for one hour including time for students to ask questions.
- Pre-event material will be sent to the teacher via email and teachers are asked to ensure that the students are well prepared for the lesson as outlined.
- The sessions, artworks, film and sound clips are protected by copyright and may not be recorded, reproduced or used in any way without the express written consent of Sydney Living Museums.
- SLM requires at least eight (8) working days notice prior to the session for cancellations. Cancellations received less than eight (8) working days prior to the session and 'no shows' will incur a charge of the full program price. To cancel your booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information for non NSW DEC schools:
- Prior to booking an SLM virtual excursion, the non NSW DEC school must call DART Connections on 1800 824 737 and complete a connectivity test.
- DART Connections cannot offer support to non NSW DEC schools outside of the connectivity test. While the SLM virtual excursion is live, non NSW DEC schools must rely on their own in-house technical staff and are not able to access technical support via DART Connections.
The Education Team
T: 02 8239 2288