Convict Escapades 2017
Get ready to choose your own adventure, working your way through the convict system to earn your prized ‘ticket of leave’. You’ll come face to face with some of the notorious and colourful characters that lurk around every corner – take orders from the nasty superintendent, meet the lovesick cook, be tricked by the convict ‘magpie’ in his clown like suit, and avoid being punished by the shifty scourger. With stories to hear, a court trial to attend and many fun jobs to do, you’ll have to keep your wits about you to earn your freedom in time. Surprises await you throughout the buildings and courtyard – be prepared for a fantastically fun convict caper!
The Bakehouse is offering a special ‘convict kids lunch box’ for all participants – only $12!
Includes chicken sandwich strip, juice, cheese stick, brownie and apple (gf options available, T&C apply)
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your allocated time slot.
- Limited tickets for Convict Escapades can be bought on the day. Advanced purchase strongly recommended.
- The experience takes place both inside and outside the museum so please dress appropriately. In case of heavy rain all activities will be moved inside the museum. If it is just showers the program will go ahead as planned so please ensure your child has a raincoat/wet weather gear.
- There will be a space allocated for leaving pushchairs and prams as, for health and safety reasons, these will not be allowed in the museum. Although every care will be taken to look after your pram/pushchair, they are left at your own risk.
- Please be aware that most of the events/activities take place on the ground floor of the museum or in the courtyard area. However some of the activities do take place on the top floor (3rd floor of the museum) which has no lift.
Cast & Crew
Creative Producer: Sydney Living Museums
Writer: Jessica Bellamy
Director: Danielle O’Keefe
Assistant Director: Tim Kemp
Young Peoples Ensemble Administration: Action Atelier
Actors: Natalie Richards, Gideon Payten-Griffiths, Erica Brennan, Curly Fernandez, Alex Beauman , Tim Kemp
Young Peoples Ensemble: Sofia Styles, Luca Beretta, Rachel Harrington, Brianna Harris, Alexander Laundess, Augusta Gunn-Lynch, Claire Giuffre, Naoise Champion, Thom Blake, Emelie Watkins, Jade Rimer, Ruby Gee, Claire Brownlie, Scout Silbersher, Marlea Correy, Lochlan Hayward, Madison Yazbek, Jamison O'Brien, Amelia Farrell, Jussi Jenssen, Madeline Towns, Emily Thompson, Jo Bradley
Book online, or call the Box Office on 02 8239 2211
Family $45 (group of 4 people)
Member Family $30 (group of 4 members)
Book a 90 minute immersive theatre experience for 6–12 year olds and their families: 10am and 1pm each day
Please note: a supervising adult must be present at this event, and all attendees must purchase a ticket.