Convict Escapades 2018
Get ready to choose your own adventure, working your way through the convict system to earn your prized ‘ticket of leave’.
You’ll come face to face with some of the notorious and colourful characters that lurk around every corner – take orders from the nasty superintendent, meet the lovesick cook, be tricked by the convict ‘magpie’ in his clownlike suit, and avoid being punished by the shifty scourger.
With stories to hear, a court trial to attend and many fun jobs to do, you’ll have to keep your wits about you to earn your freedom in time.
Surprises await you throughout the buildings and courtyard – be prepared for a fantastically fun convict caper!
Recommended for 5–12 year olds.
Cast & Crew
Creative Producer: Sydney Living Museums
Writer: Jessica Bellamy
Director: Danielle O’Keefe
Assistant Director: Tim Kemp
Young Peoples Ensemble Administration: Action Atelier
Actors: Erica Brennan, Iris Simpson, Alex Beauman, Brie Harris, Paul Armstrong and Tim Kemp
Young Peoples Ensemble: Koen Brown, Elspeth MacKenzie, Ayah Darwich, Samarai Cunio, Elise Kitchener, Alexander Ibrahim, Jake Trevelyan, Rafael Partos, Sofia Jandrlic, Lucy Brownlie, Rees Laird, Che Johnson, Olivia Ayoub, Rebecca Cole, Ben Tomkins, Tahlia Merlino
- Please arrive no later than 15 minutes before your allocated time slot.
- Online ticket sales will close one hour prior to the event on Thursday and Friday, and 7am on Saturday and Sunday, however limited tickets will be available to buy on the day (credit card only). Advanced purchase strongly recommended.
- The experience takes place both inside and outside the museum so please dress appropriately. In case of heavy rain all activities will be moved inside the museum. If it is just showers the program will go ahead as planned so please ensure your child has a raincoat/wet weather gear.
- There will be a space allocated for leaving prams as, for health and safety reasons, these will not be allowed in the museum. Although every care will be taken to look after your pram, they are left at your own risk.
- Please be aware that most of the events/activities take place on the ground floor of the museum or in the courtyard area. However some of the activities do take place on the top floor (3rd floor of the museum) which has no lift.
Family $60 (group of 4 people)
Member Family $45 (group of 4 members)
Become a member & save 25% on general tickets to this event.
Please note: a supervising adult must be present at this event, and all attendees must purchase a ticket.
Are you a Vacation Care provider? See our group rates for this event.
Hyde Park Barracks
Book online or call SLM Bookings on 02 8239 2211