During the late 19th century, Nina and Kathleen Rouse lived an ideal Victorian childhood, a time of innocence, creativity and play. Around the same time, in 1888, a one-room schoolhouse was built opposite the carriageway at Rouse Hill House. Students from across the local area came to learn the importance of posture and manners, how to write on a slate board, and discover the wonders of nature.
Now it’s your family’s turn to experience the wonders of Rouse Hill House & Farm. Step back in time and imagine what life might have been like for Nina and Kathleen growing up on the farm, or perhaps encounter strict but fair Miss Fox in the schoolhouse for a lesson from the past.
The Family Fair will be filled with roving entertainers, demonstrations, tours, farm animals, rides, kite flying, performances and storytelling that will bring the stories behind Rouse Hill House & Farm to life.
- Free shuttle bus from Riverstone Station, operated by Sydney Bus Museum. Every half an hour from 9.55am.
- Limited free parking is available in one of our paddocks with entry located off Guntawong Road.
- Admission to the event is $5 per person, or $15 per family, Members free. Additional charges may apply for onsite activities such as the pony rides and Rouse Hill House & Farm in LEGO® Bricks.
- As it is a rural site with old farm buildings, dams and insects, children must be supervised at all times. We also recommend wearing long pants, comfortable closed-in shoes and a warm coat. Gumboots are also a good option if it is wet.
- There will be a limited number of food items available for purchase on site including a sausage sizzle with the 1st Riverstone Scouts.
- Bring along a refillable water bottle and keep hydrated at Sydney Water’s refill stations.
- Visitors with low mobility can take a ride in the people mover from the carpark to the top of the site; and there is wheel chair access to the house. Please note, that the dirt paths surrounding the house are fairly uneven.
- There will be an ATM on site (it attracts an ATM withdrawal fee)
- Please note that no pets with the exception of special service dogs (i.e. guide dogs) are allowed on site at Rouse Hill House and Farm.
Entry to Rouse Hill House & Farm with LEGO® Bricks display
Special timed tickets must be purchased to gain entry to the Rouse Hill House & Farm with LEGO® Bricks display. LEGO® tickets also include entry to the Family Fair. Pre-purchase your tickets and choose a session time from the exhibition page.