Bring the family along to Rouse Hill House & Farm for a day of fun and nostalgia on Sunday 18 August.
Enjoy farm animal encounters, creative art activities, vintage games, a pop-up library and story book readings, music performances, and more. So, grab your tickets and get ready for a day of delight as you explore this iconic farm and historic house.
Ticket update: This event has sold out. We apologise for any inconvenience.
During the event, we will publish updates about ticketing and parking capacities on this webpage and our Facebook event page as promptly as possible.
Limited free parking is available via our special event entrance at 21 Guntawong Rd, Rouse Hill (located approx 100 metres from the Guntawong Road & Windsor Road intersection). Look for the Sydney Living Museums marked entry. View on Google Maps.
If parking is full, we will update this webpage and our Facebook event page as soon as we can, and advise visitors to take advantage of our free shuttle bus from Tallawong Metro Station.
Free shuttle bus
- A free return shuttle bus will operate between Tallawong Station and Rouse Hill House & Farm during the event, departing every 20 minutes.
- The first bus will depart from Tallawong Station at 9am, the last bus will depart from Rouse Hill House & Farm Visitor Centre at 4.40pm.
- The Tallawong Station bus stop is located on Themeda Avenue near the ‘kiss and ride’ zone.
- Parking is available at all Metro stations or ditch the car and take advantage of Sydney's newest public transport.
This event has sold out.
We recommend that you arrive at the event within an hour after your session time starts at 9am or 12pm. To gain entry to the event, please bring a printout or show your tickets on your mobile phone. Your tickets were emailed to you at the time of booking.
What to wear
We recommend wearing enclosed shoes and clothing suitable for walking around a farm property, and bring wet weather gear if appropriate. A hat and sunscreen are recommended, as significant parts of the program are conducted outdoors.
Food & drink
Pack a homemade picnic or enjoy a bite to eat from one of the food vendors. Bring your water bottle to refill at the Sydney Water refill station, and pack a picnic rug – there’s plenty of space to spread out.
Children must be supervised at all times as the event takes place on a rural site with old farm buildings, uneven terrain, dams and insects.
If your child is lost, please alert a staff member at the information stand or Visitor Centre. Lost children will be taken to the Visitor Centre.
- This is a rural property with uneven terrain. Please wear enclosed shoes suitable for walking across a farm property.
- Accessible parking is available at the Visitors’ Centre.
- A people mover will be available to assist visitors with low mobility
- There is access for people with wheelchairs to the ground floor of the main house and portable ramps are available.
- The main entrance and carpark located at 356 Annangrove Road will only be accessible by the free shuttle bus, visitors who require accessible parking and visitors who arrive on foot.
- Pony rides cost an additional $5 per person.
- Prams are very welcome, but please be aware that there are no sealed pathways.
- There will be an ATM on site (it attracts an ATM withdrawal fee).
- This event will be photographed for marketing purposes. If you prefer not be photographed, please advise our photographer on the day.
- No pets, with the exception of special service dogs (i.e. guide dogs), are allowed on site at Rouse Hill House & Farm.
- The event will run in most weather conditions. Occasionally events are cancelled due to extreme weather conditions or other situations which may affect the safety of our guests, in these circumstances we provide cancellation notifications through our Facebook event, website and via email to all ticket holders.
Family (4 people) $25
Member family (4 people) $20
Children under 2 are free
This event has sold out.
Additional fee charged for pony rides