Toy Festival 2015
Pack a picnic and bring the family along to Rouse Hill House & Farm for a weekend of fun for all ages!
Ride a billycart down the historic Old Windsor Road, jump on a mini train, meet our roving stilt performers, Madame Absynthe and Mr Farthing, and try your hand at kite flying.
Enjoy hands-on toy workshops, billycart assembly demonstrations, storytelling with acclaimed children’s author Ursula Dubosarsky and live music from The Lollipops Brass Trio.
Chat to our incredible toy collectors from the Sydney Model Auto Club and the Australian Pedal Car Club as they share a showcase of pedal cars, depression era toys and Corgi and Dinky cars before browsing our family markets packed full of beautiful and unusual gifts.
Have a sneak peek inside the fascinating Rouse Hill House as part of your visit and find out about the family and children who lived there.
Billy cart rides are made possible through the support of Rouse Hill community Baptist Church
Bring your favourite toy to be photographed and the picture will then be hung in the Toy Gallery at the Visitor Centre.
- Limited free parking is available. Enter the gates via Annangrove Road (off Windsor Road, opposite Bunnings). Once this car park is full an overflow car park is located off Guntawong Road.
- Entry to the event is free however house tours are by gold coin entry. Train rides will be $4 pp, with all proceeds going to the local North Western Model Engineers Inc.
- As it is a rural site with old farm buildings, dams and insects, children must be supervised at all times. We also recommend wearing long pants, comfortable closed-in shoes and a warm coat. Gumboots are also a good option if it is wet.
- There will be a limited number of food items available for purchase on site. 1st Riverstone Scouts sausage sizzle; Bella Shack burgers; Elizabeth Farm Tearooms; The Little Hopper and Fluffe Fairy Floss.
- Visitors with low mobility can take a ride in the people mover from the carpark to the top of the site; and there is wheel chair access to the house. Please note, that the dirt paths surrounding the house are fairly uneven.
- There will be a Trailercash ATM on site (it attracts an ATM withdrawal fee)