- Learning Program
Home: Convicts, Migrants and First Peoples
The supervision ratio is 1:10 for primary groups and 1:15 for secondary groups. Teachers and parents attend free of charge at these ratios. One carer per student with special needs will be admitted free of charge.
Each additional visitor will be charged at the concession rate of $12.
About the program
Students will investigate the themes of displacement and resilience through the experiences of convicts, migrants and Aboriginal peoples.
Students will also explore the far-reaching impacts of the convict system on Aboriginal communities and Country.
Your students will:
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage listed Hyde Park Barracks
- Work like historians, analysing evidence in documents, artworks and artefacts
- Spend time handling objects
Up to 20 Students: $282
Up to 40 Students: $564
Up to 60 Students: $846
Up to 80 Students: $1128
Up to 100 Students: $1410
Up to 120 Students: $1,692
Up to 140 Students: $1,974
Up to 160 Students: $2,256
CONFIRMATION, PAYMENT AND CANCELLATION
You can alter your booking numbers up until 7 days prior to your visit.
We will call you a week before your booking to confirm final numbers and requirements.
You will be invoiced for the full cost of your program a week prior to your booking.
Payment can be made by Credit Card, EFTPOS or cheque (payable to Historic Houses Trust of NSW).
Cancellations made within 7 days of a booking will incur the full cost for the program.
Cancellations made within 2 weeks of your visit will be invoiced for 50% of the total booking.
Cancellations must be made in writing.
History - Stage 3
HT3-1 describes and explains the significance of people, groups, places and events to the development of Australia
HT3-2 describes and explains different experiences of people living in Australia over time
HT3-5 applies a variety of skills of historical inquiry and communication
Analysis and Use of Sources; Empathetic Understanding; Perspectives and Interpretations
Continuity and change; Cause and effect; Perspectives; Empathetic understanding; Significance
Plan Your Visit
- Please plan to arrive before the start time of your booked program to allow for cloaking, toilet visits and/or a refreshment break for the students. If you arrive late, some elements and activities may need to be cut from the program to keep to the scheduled finish time.
- Large groups will be divided up into smaller groups for activities in the museums.
- Bags, food and drinks are not permitted in the museums and cloaking facilities are provided.
- Photography policies vary between the museums so please ask a member of staff for details.
- Teachers and carers are required to remain with their groups at all times.
- Disciplining students remains the responsibility of teachers and carers accompanying the group.
- Please let us know before your visit if any of your students have special needs or learning difficulties so we can plan to accommodate their needs during the visit.
Hyde Park Barracks
Hyde Park Barracks
Phone 02 8239 2211