Stage 3 students at the Justice and Police Museum participating in the History program Bailed Up! Photo © James Horan for Sydney Living Museums
Sydney Living Museums offers professional development for primary teachers. Delivered by expert museum educators and curators, our courses explore practical strategies for teaching History that you can take back to your own classroom.
Each course provides:
- strategies and techniques developed from a relevant selection of skills and concepts from the new K–10 History syllabus
- learning activities and outcomes framed and underpinned by a historical inquiry approach
- valuable approaches that encourage students to practise working as historians rather than simply learning about historical content
- an engaging mix of theory and hands-on practice
- take-home resources for classroom implementation