Stage 3 students at the Justice and Police Museum participating in the History program Bailed Up! Photo © James Horan for Sydney Living Museums
Sydney Living Museums offers professional development for primary teachers. Delivered by expert museum educators and curators, our courses are NESA accredited and explore practical strategies for teaching History that you can take back to your own classroom.
Each course provides:
- strategies and techniques developed from a relevant selection of skills and concepts from the new K–10 History syllabus
- learning activities and outcomes framed and underpinned by a historical inquiry approach
- valuable approaches that encourage students to practise working as historians rather than simply learning about historical content
- an engaging mix of theory and hands-on practice
- take-home resources for classroom implementation
2021 course topics and dates
Online Professional Development sessions
2 hour online session
This course is available by arrangement for up to 25 teachers per session in school based groups. This course is not available to be booked by individuals.
On-site Professional Development workshops
- Thursday 18 November